For all the chocolate lovers out there, Edibles have compiled some interesting chocolate facts and trivia to wow your friends, family, colleagues and staff with all about our favourite edible.
• Chocolate is a great economy booster. Annual world consumption of cocoa beans averages approximately 600,000 tons per year.
• I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter. - Lora Brody, author of Growing Up on the Chocolate.
• The word chocolate is founded on a misspelling. The word chocolate is derived from Cocoa Beans. It was Cacao originally, but became Cocoa as a result of misspelling. Oops!
• 17,000 people in Belgium - that’s 1 in every 200 workers - are involved in the making, selling and promotion of chocolate. Some of those workers have created the Belgian chocolate used in our Edibles gifts.
• A great fact to tell your boss or teacher is that Phenyl ethylamine and Amphetamines, which are strong stimulants, can be found in chocolate. Both of these stimulants increase the activity in parts of the brain that control our ability to pay attention and stay alert. So if they want your attention tell them to feed you some of Edibles chocolate gifts.
• "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts" and a delicious edible gift makes a great dessert.
• The Swiss eat more chocolate per head than any other country. England is second. Maybe we should try and beat the Swiss to first place?
• The anti-oxidants in chocolate lower your risk of heart disease. This means it could be said that by eating some Edibles chocolate you’re helping your health?
• Chocolate is low in caffeine. It only has as much caffeine as one cup of decaffeinated coffee.
• Chocolate is believed to have great health benefits. It helps with depression, high blood pressure, Tumours and Pre-menstrual syndromes.
So why not give an Edibles chocolate gift to cheer someone up today?
If you have any interesting chocolate facts or trivia send them to
Edibles through our contact page.